1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Bruce Irvin

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy Junkie, Mar 28, 2012.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,305 Messages
    6,827 Likes Received
    He has left it in the past. He has not had any trouble at WVU until this recent episode and it turns out that it was nothing more than him smacking a sign and it breaking.

He is a good kid.
  2. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

2,073 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Wasn't Irvin playing as a five technique on the WV defensive line his senior year? If that is the case, I could see why he might struggle in stopping the run because he is seriously undersized for that position. Seems that he might be better suited to play the run as an OLB in 3-4 scheme where is can operate in space.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,878 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    ...when he isn't destroying property. :muttley:
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't really expect Irvin to say "I was a full time crack dealer, but now I just dabble in it part time." Of course he's going to say he's seen the light and he's a completely changed man. There's potentially millions of dollars on the line. Maybe he is a changed man, but I imagine NFL teams are digging around a lot deeper than the puff piece articles written by the local Morgantown rag.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

63,305 Messages
    6,827 Likes Received
    Yes that is the smacking the sign and breaking it part of my post. But it was not something where he was going on some crazy rage and tearing up a bunch of stuff.

He is a good kid. I know plenty of people who have met him and they can not get over how courteous and humble he is. Some have said that you can meet some players that have that fake type of thing where you can tell they are just acting nice but that bruce seems like he is really humble, very appreciative of people who ask for his autograph or just say they are a fan. That seems to go along with what I have seen of him on twitter as I know he Retweets anyone that asks him on twitter, and he gets asked quite a bit.

I have also heard that many at the combine were very impressed with his honesty and over all attitude.

Like I said, he is a good kid that just something silly.

This is not punching someone and getting in a fight with them. This is not taking a dump in someones dorm closet, this is not stealing stuff, this is not getting a DUI. There are some players that have come through that put on a good story about changing and being a good guy and all of that and I did not buy it for a second...pacman comes to mind. With Bruce I do think he has changed since his early days and is very appreciative of the second chance he has been given.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

63,305 Messages
    6,827 Likes Received
    On a side note, I heard that he broke the sign because he thought it was a QB. :p:
  7. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,878 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    I'm guessing his Wonderlic score was a negative number then. :laugh2:
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,995 Messages
    642 Likes Received

Yeah he is very intruiging to say the least. Not sure about 14 but he shouldn't last into the 2nd. Just too dynamic on film.