1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Cowboys Mock Draft Poll - Round 2

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by robert70x7, Mar 19, 2012.

1. robert70x7

robert70x7 Well-Known Member

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Someone started the poll today where you picked who you wanted at #14. I think it would be interesting to keep that going and do one for each round. I will be using the http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings for my round analysis and I will try to provide a wide variety of postitions to choose from.

I don't want to start over and lets just assume that we will be taking David DeCastro with our first pick.

In this scenario, who would you want in the SECOND round?
  2. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rumor has it that bruce irvin got arrested about three days or so ago. was on the radio, arrested for destruction of property and disorderly conduct , destroying a jimmie johns sign.

STUPID!!:rolleyes:
  3. robert70x7

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Considering Jimmie John's sucks, I give him the benefit of the doubt. Now if it were Jersey Mike's or Firehouse, I'd grade him as undraftable.
  4. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thats what somebody said over on the skins board!!:laugh2:
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,665 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    I said Brandon Thompson. I think the guy is vastly underrated. He's big and explosive and would finally give our DL some push.
  6. Kolemmitt

Kolemmitt Member

173 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    How about Shea? It would be nice to get him in the 3rd, but it seems like we might have to pull the trigger on him in round 2.
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,053 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    I chose Brandon Thompson, but I'm starting to lean toward Jared Crick because he would be more versatile and probably has more upside.
  8. robert70x7

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    The kicker with him is that he is ranked in the 2nd round. SDogo said he's going to take a big fall on draft day.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,878 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    How about putting a death threat on anyone who drafts Konz and then we take him at #45? :D
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,053 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Which one?
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,553 Messages
    1,985 Likes Received
    Vinny Curry flying up draft boards right now. No way he is there at 45 but like to see the Cowboys get him. Choice 2a and 2b Zeitler and Brooks.
  12. robert70x7

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Crick.
  13. robert70x7

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Brooks will be a later round choice. Zeitler is ranked before our 2nd round pick, which is why he was not included.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,933 Messages
    3,673 Likes Received
    I went with Crick but that is a VERY tough call. I like a bunch of those guys and some will even drop to the 3rd round.

The best thing about threads that deal with picks aftyer round 1 is that it shows how valuable draft picks can potentially be.
    Those wanting to trade up in round 1 (very expensive) may want to keep that in mind.
  15. robert70x7

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I like Crick as well and I wouldn't be mad at all if we took him in the 2nd. It'll be a close call, I'm going to stop this at midnight and start the 3rd round thread for tomorrow. Sorry if I piggybacked off your idea, I just thought it was a good one.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,553 Messages
    1,985 Likes Received
    Tony Pauline ‏ @TonyPauline Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
    League source tells me "Don't be surprised is Vinny Curry/Marshall does a Tyson Alualu in rd1 and goes earlier than most expect"
    Retweeted by Thomas Melton
  17. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,665 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    Curry rising makes a lot of sense. Guy's a natural pass rusher with great production--whereas a lot the rushers in this draft don't look nearly as smooth.

I wish he did more stand up drills at the Senior Bowl. We've no idea how he would translate to OLB and I doubt we draft him to play DE.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,933 Messages
    3,673 Likes Received
    NP

Glad you're doing it!
  19. robert70x7

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Where did his shuttle and 3-cone rank?
  20. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,439 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    But Konz is already dead! His blood clots exploded while taking a bowel movement. Or so I have been told.