1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: FWST: Mike Jenkins says going 'back to the basics' making big difference for him

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 20, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,183 Messages
    9,700 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Cornerback Mike Jenkins said he’s gone “back to the basics” this year, and the result is a good season. He has eight pass breakups and an interception in 14 games, a year after what was widely viewed as a disappointing season.

“I changed my technique up a little bit,” he said. “Last year, I was trying something new. I just kind of went back to what I know, the basics. It’s working pretty good for me this year.”

Jenkins had a Pro Bowl year in 2009, his second year, when he had 60 tackles, 23 breakups and five interceptions in the Cowboys’ playoff year. Last year, he had 59 tackles, 15 breakups and one interception as the Cowboys went 6-10.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...the-basics-making-big-difference-for-him.html
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Honestly I think it's just effort. Last year it was pretty evident he was pretty satisfied with where he was at and he just simply didn't try very hard on defense. This year he's putting in that effort that you need and as a result he's back to his 2009 form.
  3. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,895 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Garrett's message has really got through to all these guys. Play through your successes and play through your failures.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,064 Messages
    3,400 Likes Received
    Get Campo out of here.
  5. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hope he indeed has learned his lesson. If so Cowboys have the CB for future for next few years. I will wait till next year to believe that.
  6. hughp33

hughp33 Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From what I heard, he said he wasn't coming back after his contract was up. That was The official site of the Cowboys. In one of the podcasts. They also said that Stephen Bowen said the same thing, and you see he didn't. Don't shoot the messenger. Just saying what I heard. This was earlier in the year this was said. Who knows, maybe JG got him back. I hope so. We could sure use him in the future.