1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

PFT: Vince Young declares the Eagles to be a “Dream Team”

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboyMike, Jul 30, 2011.

1. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,253 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/vince-young-declares-the-eagles-to-be-a-dream-team/

In a move that could eventually be a nightmare for Philly fans, newly-arrived backup quarterback Vince Young has declared the Eagles to be a “Dream Team.”

“From Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [Dominique Rodgers-]Cromartie, to Jason [Babin] to myself,“ Young told the media on Saturday, according to Tim McManus of PhillySportsDaily.com. “I know they are going to do some more things. . . . It’s just beautiful to see where we’re trying to go.”

All that’s missing are the fog machines, the spotlights, and expectations that can be achieved only if the Eagles win the Super Bowl...........

.....Last year, the Eagles won the NFC East but lost at home in the wild-card round to the Packers. Whether Asomugha and Jason Babin and Young and Donald Lee and Johnnie Lee Higgins and whatever else the Eagles have up their sleeves will put make coach Andy Reid’s 13th season his luckiest one yet remains to be seen.

That said, it’s safe to say that the same dynamic that made otherwise neutral NBA fans turn on the Miami Heat will prompt NFL fans with no strong feelings about the Eagles to develop them.

Quickly.

--------------------------------------
    VY seriously doesn't get what kind of situation he's in. The guy really needs to mature. He doesn't realize that he's hit rock bottom. He really thinks he can be a LeBron type of guy. Not surprised, though. This is the guy that didn't travel back in with his team after a game so he could hang in South Beach.
  2. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

5,006 Messages
    1,804 Likes Received
    Because they always dream of a Lombardi?

:trophy:
  3. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I saw a tiny bit of his interview..funny part..he said he was there to help them win a national championship. Laughing he corrected that to Super Bowl but it was a goofy moment for him. He also looked fat to me...
  4. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,892 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    Eagles are one Vick scramble and serious injury away from being a .500 team also...
    yeah yeah i know a lot of teams are in the same boat, see us and Romo last season, however that just further proves my point. Combine that with the fact that a huge part of Vick's effectiveness is in his running as well as the fact that he has been injured quite a bit....I fully expect that Vince Young will have to start at least one game this season for an injured Vick....
  5. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,523 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Reading that made me think of this...

[youtube]aD9lZflXsgU[/youtube]

Those guys thought they had a "dream team too". Hey Vince how many Championships are you guys going to win? Not 4, not 5, not 6....:laugh2:
  6. the big 88

the big 88 New Member

272 Messages
    0 Likes Received

same here :laugh1:
  7. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,788 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This country hates teams like this. that it is the eagles will only make it easier as most of the country already regards their fans as despicable. they are on the fast track to being the Miami Heat if the NFL. Totally agree on that point.

:star:
  8. HomerSimpson31

HomerSimpson31 Member

129 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Would be nice to see Vick and Young to collide egos. Vince already said they are going to compete for the starting position and regards his addition to the team as a part that makes them a Dream Team,himself not Vick.. What a circus they will become..
  9. HomerSimpson31

HomerSimpson31 Member

129 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Nnamdi=Lebron with Chris Bosh attitude
    Vick=Wade
    Young=Chris Bosh with Lebron attitude

Let's see who joins Young in the overrated column
  10. ArmchairQB

ArmchairQB Member

30 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cracks me up to see the media and some of the drama queens on here run with this comment. It's like some are sitting on his every word looking to pounce like a crack whore on a dropped rock hoping they can report some more negativity.:rolleyes:
  11. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

8,381 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received
    None of those guys are equal to any of those players you named. You could say Vick and Nnamdi = Bosh. Meaning both have played in All Star games/Pro Bowls but neither have led their team to anything. Young please, he shouldn't be in the same sentence of any good/great player.
  12. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,864 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    i hate the eagles with a passion, always have. point blank period.
  13. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,892 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    and VY is the Cliff Levingston to that dream team.....not much of an addition in other words.
    The other thing is that "dream teams" usually have championships....iggles got nuthing so far.
    If this years Eagles are a "dream team" then the '92 Boys were a uber-all galaxy fantasy dream team squared"

In no way shape or form can I see Vick winning a SB. Champion is just not in him. Double that to Philly as a whole.