1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Portis Not On Field For Fridays Practice..

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Pick6TerenceNewman, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Pick6TerenceNewman

Pick6TerenceNewman Benched

2,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Clinton Portis (knee) was not on the field for the start of Redskins practice Friday.

He is expected to be replaced by Ladell Betts in the starting lineup against the Cowboys. Portis is also in danger of missing more than just this week.
    Source: Washington Post
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,616 Messages
    3,695 Likes Received
    It looks like we catch a break this week (finally!)

I can't see the Redskins putting Portis at risk, even for this game.

It's much more important to have him for the rest of the season than for this one game.

I think any different information is merely gamesmanship at this point.
  3. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,904 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    This is a huge game for the skins as well. Losing puts them at 4 losses. That being said, Portis sounds like he needs a week or 2 off.
  4. MrMom

MrMom Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Betts is a capable back. He's obviously not a Portis level player, but he's capable. I can see a 100 yard day from him.
  5. Pick6TerenceNewman

2,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Portis said yesterday IF this was the SuperBowl he didn't think he could play.

I have been telling people all week that his injury was alot worse that Cowboy fans were believing. Cowboy fans were acting like they were faking the injury.
  6. Pick6TerenceNewman

2,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received

A 100 yards? LOL! Come on! I know that the Cowboys D has not been good but after a Bye-week the Cowboys are 14-5 and have won their last three games after the Bye-week. I think you will see a more aggressive defense.
  7. Pick6TerenceNewman

2,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Depending on the "Grade" of the MCL sprain will dictate how long he may miss. Generally, it's a 2-4 week recover.

If he played, which he isn't, there is a chance he blows out the ACL and MCL because of the instability to his knee.
  8. MrMom

MrMom Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    97 Likes Received

Don't be ignorant. When Betts was thrust into full time duty in '06 he had six 100 yard days. He's a very good backup, guy.

There's a reason he was a second round draft pick, and why Washington hasn't let him go anywhere.

I'm not expecting us to give up 100 yards, but I wouldn't be surprised by it.
  9. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,012 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    So he's not on the practice field. The guy knows the offense, plays hard and is in football shape. Big deal he's not practicing today................This is news?
  10. Pick6TerenceNewman

2,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Who cares what he did in 06'!!! It's about what you can do know!
  11. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,933 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    I can't!!!!!
  12. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,933 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Of course it's news. This ridiculous statement tells me you've NEVER played organized football at any level before..
  13. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Portis, Betts, Alexander, Tom Cruise, Katy Holmes...

It doesn't matter. Someone is fixing to get shut down.
  14. DR.WARE

DR.WARE Member

604 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    dont jump all over me when i say this but i like teams at full strength especially the cowboys, but i also like the teams we play their also because i dont like hearing all the excuses after we win. But after all the coboys had so many injuries they can use a break.
  15. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,012 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Mmmmm-k. Why is it news? Or you'd rather continue with the crumb trail.

~Starts putting on the knee deep in crap waders~
  16. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

13,666 Messages
    1,426 Likes Received
    i just sprained my MCL.....i know its not grade 3...but it may be a grade 2...more likely a grade 1....

trust me this **** aint no walk in the park...i sprained it last week Saturday.....so its been a week...n i still cant walk all that straight without to much pain....i heal pretty fast 2...so im not use to this..or knee injuries for that...i usually sprain my ankle..but that takes me 3-4 days and im cool

this is a whole different ball park...i was dumb for thinking id be able to play football tommorow.....i may be out another week....

he plays more physical than i do...so he could risk tearing it EASILY by returning.....then again i dont have around the clock trainers like him...but i dont have people going after my legs...and i try not to cut to hard...he has to go through all these things...