1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Revis & Asomugha Together On Jets? Now A Retraction...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Hostile, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    Revis, Asomugha together as Jets? 2/1/2010 1:54:45 PM

Tim Graham of ESPN reports the AFC's starting cornerbacks, Darrelle Revis and Nnamdi Asomugha, want to play on the same team. As fantastical as that notion might be, it's frightening to consider.

Oakland Raiders star Asomugha was smiling when he brought up the dream scenario, but insisted he was "dead serious" and has spoken to New York Jets coach Rex Ryan about it.

"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex to try to do something," Asomugha said. "You may see us in the future. There's a little bit of talk going on. Either he's coming to Oakland or something else will happen."
  2. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    If Nnamdi did talk to Rex Ryan about it, that is tampering while he is Raiders property. It is one thing to talk to your cohorts, but coaches and GMs and front office personnel are tampering.
  3. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin

12,085 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    I hope it is Revis to Oakland, would love to see him being wasted!
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

22,998 Messages
    2,042 Likes Received
    Rex Ryan has the ego to do something as dumb as that, too.
  5. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

13,762 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    Where's the madness gif?
  6. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    won't happen. the dude with the ridiculous name is the only reason people still pay to see the Raiders.
  7. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    Yeah he does.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

6,426 Messages
    930 Likes Received

That was my first thought, and why I think it will never happen.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,738 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    LOL! He said Revis to Oakland or something else. LOL! There is no chance, at all, that they'd moved Revis to Oakland.

A shutdown corner on the best defense in football? yeah they're not moving that. The only chance of this happening, and it won't, would be the guy in Oakland moving to the Jets.

And I don't see the Raiders moving their best defender unless they're getting a kings ransom for him.
  10. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Like father, like son.
  11. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    Asomugha says he was kidding about Jets comment 2/3/2010 9:16:45 AM

David White of the San Francisco Chronicle reports Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha said he was joking about playing for the Jets. But if he wondered what it would be like to deal with East Coast media, consider that door officially slammed shut.

Asomugha told The Chronicle today "the story is totally overblown" about him saying he wants to play for the Jets with Darrelle Revis.
  12. Rudy

Rudy Member

696 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It would be absolutely ridiculous if it went down. Not "ridiculous" as in "crazy, it could never happen." I mean "ridiculous" as in the Jets are a very young team with seemingly all the pieces in place, given they keep Edwards. If it commanded 2 firsts (which would be at least what Oakland would demand, unless Al Davis forgot who Asomugha is - which is possible,) I think the Jets could afford to pull the trigger, and immediately go from Cinderella story to heavy favorite in the AFC.