1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

St. Pierre vs Serra tonight

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CATCH17, Apr 19, 2008.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,018 Messages
    3,127 Likes Received
    Woooooooooooooo

Cant wait.

I like both guys but I kinda want Serra to win because hes the under dog and he was great on the Ultimate Fighter show.

I think St Pierre will win though.

Who do you think is going to win?
  2. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

13,764 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Man I'm not sure but will be grilling something before the fight.:cool:
  3. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    War Serra!!!!!!!!!!!! War Usa!!!!!!!!!
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,018 Messages
    3,127 Likes Received
    You been watching the new ultimate fighter?

I think its going to take a miracle for Griffin to beat Rampage.
  5. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

919 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I can't wait for this...Almost time! I hope Serra shows the world the first fight wasn't a fluke.

WAR SERRA!
  6. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    a lil bit. griffin's team or griffin himself?
  7. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

919 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Damn...:mad:. The rubbermatch has to be in New York!
  8. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

13,764 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Dude Serra got his fanny beat nasty!!!
  9. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,807 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Serra got absolutely schooled tonight. And I loved every minute of it. He let his HUGE mouth overload his little a.... well you know. You could see it in his face at the end of the round he was done.
  10. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

919 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Not much you can do when a guy who should be fighting at middleweight decides not to stand with you and instead just uses his weight advantage to tire you out. You can tell Pierre didn't want to stand with Serra at all. It worked for him though. Doesn't stop the fact that Serra schooled him in the first fight :D

1-1 bring on the rubber-match!
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,018 Messages
    3,127 Likes Received
    Griffin himself.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,018 Messages
    3,127 Likes Received
    Anyone think Serra could beat BJ Penn?

I really hate BJ Penn and would like to see him get owned.

Serras cardio just didnt look that good.

Plus GSP is just physically dominating over most of these middleweights.
  13. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i agree, i think page is gonna put a hurtin on forrest. nate quary's Rocky 4 quote was pretty funny last night. i didn't think the ref should have stopped the serra fight. he was hurt but not that bad. it was funny how travis lutter just completely gassed against Rich Franklin.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,018 Messages
    3,127 Likes Received
    I agree.

He wasnt really defending himself though so I can see why it was stopped.

I wouldve let it go.

Travis Lutter / Rich Franklin fight sucked.

Mac Danzing is fun to watch.

Nate Quarry fight ended up being pretty entertaining thanks to Nate Quarrys antics at the end hahahaha owned him.

Does GSP remind anyone else of Jean Claud Van Dam in Blood Sport?
  15. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    remember in i think it was the movie kickboxer when van damme said
    "give me tong po!!!!" well do you remember when gsp got on his knees begging Dana White for another title shot and he said "give me matt hughes!!"
  16. QT

QT Active Member

1,914 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    No. War BJ... War Sakuraba... War Hawt One!!!
  17. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,807 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Thats why its called MIXED martial arts. If you wanna box.....then get in the boxing ring lol

Also I believe GSP took the first fight on very short notice. He was not in fight shape and didn't have time to prepare for Serra. Listen I am not a big GSP fan as much as I dislike Serra and his mouth. So it wouldn't have mattered who Serra was fighting Sat night I would have been rooting againts him......lol
  18. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pride never Die!

the 1st time he fought serra gsp was champ so it wasn't on short notice. he fought hughes the last time on short notice.
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,018 Messages
    3,127 Likes Received
  20. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    UFC cuts Starnes after disgraceful performance

By Kevin Iole

It was a great night for mixed martial arts on Saturday in Montreal, as an enthusiastic sellout crowd of 21,390 packed the Bell Centre to watch hometown hero Georges St. Pierre reclaim the UFC welterweight title from Matt Serra at UFC 83.

It wasn't such a good night, though, for Kalib Starnes, who spent most of the evening running from Nate Quarry in their middleweight bout. A native of Surrey, B.C., Starnes was booed heavily by the Canadian crowd that had been boisterous in its support of all the other Canadians on the card.

After losing a unanimous decision on scores of 30-26, 30-27, and an unheard-of 30-24, Starnes received even worse news: He was cut from his contract by UFC president Dana White.

"He just doesn’t belong in the UFC and after his performance the other night, he should consider a new line of work," White said Monday.

Quarry pressed the action the entire fight as Starnes simply circled and refused to engage. Late in the third round, Quarry pretended to run like he was a track star in trying to find a way to get Starnes to fight.

After the bout, members of Quarry's corner were complaining to Starnes about his lack of activity. Starnes shouted an expletive at one member of Quarry's team, called him a derogatory term for homosexuals and challenged him to a fight.

Starnes couldn't be reached for comment about his performance, but Quarry expressed disappointment with Starnes' lack of effort.

A one-time contestant on The Ultimate Fighter, Starnes was 8-2 going into the bout and had had quality victories over Chris Leben and Jason MacDonald.

"I think if you're fighting in the UFC, you've got to come to fight," Quarry told UFC.com in a post-fight interview. "I would much rather get knocked out than lose a decision running backwards. No disrespect to Kalib. I know the stress really gets to you. A lot of guys, they focus on not wanting to lose instead of wanting to win. I didn't mean to disrespect him in any way. I just got frustrated because you can't fight when somebody's moving backward that fast.