1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

The economy will rebound when...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by VCDefectors, Feb 12, 2009.

1. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ...people stop worrying about the economy. I am guilty as anyone here, so I know what I'm talking about.

So let's forget about the stimulus bill. It's gonna happen, so forget about it already and move on!! Let's get back to our careless spending ways. Let's go back to building houses without buyers, banks offering mortgage loans and credit cards with little to no credit checks. Let's create fun jobs out of thin air and export all of the grunt work. I miss that technical support guy from India!

And since Obama has opened up the checkbook, maybe we should too. So get out there and run up some debt! Don't be afraid!! Surely, if you can buy into the government-created myth that it's patriotic to send young people halfway around the world to fight wars on behalf of old people, then you should be able to crack open that tight wallet of yours and spend 'er up!!
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,305 Messages
    6,827 Likes Received
    The economy will rebound when...all of you send me your money. I will be sure to spend it to stimulate the economy.
  3. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Did this really need its own thread. My sources say no.
  4. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes it was necessary, as it is the most original and thought-provoking thread this place has seen in a long time.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

63,305 Messages
    6,827 Likes Received
    Well...I don't care if you started this thread...but slow down with the self gratification on something that does not live up to your claims.:D
  6. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Come on now...this is the kind of thread that has the potential to change the direction of the economy. It's logic is flawless.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

81,573 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    The economy will come around with or without the stimulus. The stimulus may or may not jump start it quicker but at what cost? Trying to tie this stimulus into the defense of this nation and her allies is pretty far fetched
  8. BrAinPaiNt

63,305 Messages
    6,827 Likes Received
    Or it could be the type of thread that gets over run with LOL cats.

[IMG]
  9. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, if you think about it, there is an important connection here. There is, for example, an underlying theme of patriotism, unifying the country around some great cause, and our government is going to lead the way. Just think of it as the War on Recession and the country of Thrift is the enemy!

To not spend and to be afraid of the financial future of this country is COMMUNISM!!
  10. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,038 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    So.....the next words out of Obama's mouth will not be......"Its gonna get alot worse before it gets better"..."its as bad since the 30's"

------who is gonna change the script of what he says on the teleprompter??

Oil Futures down into the 30's now......Futures: prediction of demand--demand dead

Dow not too excited....

http://www.tableofwisdom.com/

*****The very thing that could save this economy--Capitalism --is under full attack on every front

The bankers getting grilled are not the target--they are just the symbols needed for the Bolchevik masses.....ala those from Ft.Meyers....
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,664 Messages
    2,942 Likes Received
    The economy will rebound when our Grand Children finally pay of the Chinese in 2110.
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why would I want to spend myself into debt ? I mean that was what got us to here in the first place ! I have enough debt; which I am still in the process of getting rid of and not trying to acquire more. Then lets not even talk with what with upcoming taxes increase the next couple years to pay off the 4 trillion dollars in debt this country is about to rack up and has no way to pay off.

So I am going to do the smart thing pay off my debt horde my cash because I am expecting inflation to skyrocket and interest rates to skyrocket.

Sorry I am going to do the smart thing not what the government wants me to do.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

81,573 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    It is not great when you know you don't have the money to do it so you just print up more worthless paper which devalues the dollar even more. I don't want the US dollar turning into the peso
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,664 Messages
    2,942 Likes Received
    Arthur - "Hobson, did you see that? She stole that tie. It's the perfect crime, women don't wear ties! Well, some do, so it's not a perfect crime, but it's a GOOD crime"

Hobson - "Yes, if she'd murdered the tie it would be a perfect crime"
  15. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    Just don't spend your money on Dallas Cowboys merchandise. That way you can simultaneously save the nation, get Jerry fired, and go broke personally.

They call that the hat trick. You'll be really living.
  16. iceberg

iceberg nothing is nothing Zone Supporter

29,187 Messages
    2,156 Likes Received
    ALL YOUR MONIES ARE BELONG TO US!!!
  17. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Since the U.S. Government has declared a War on the recession, and winning this war requires spending, what you are proposing here amounts to a communist agenda. Do you not love this great nation of ours? Then why wouldn't you do the patriotic thing and go do some frivolous shopping? I just don't understand!!
  18. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know you are scared, but you have nothing to fear but fear itself! Everything will be all right. Besides, you owe it to yourself to do something frivolous.
  19. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What an oddball thread. I am sorry but burying your head in the sand is NOT going to fix a blasted thing.

You keep smoking that rope though. Carry on. :D

Edit:

I forgot my...

LOLLER at this thread.
  20. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

4,956 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Lord-a-mercy, VCD has a point here I have argued several times and agree with..!!

So much of any "bad economy" comes from all the worrying. In many ways it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.